Wednesday, January 19, 2011

She's officially mine!

Today I finally received the bill of sale for my new mare, and this afternoon Dad went out to pay for her (with my money of course).  This means its real!  She's officially mine! She's supposed to ship down to me on Saturday, so as long as the weather stays decent I will go receive her Saturday night!  So I guess its time to talk a little bit about her.  She doesn't have a name, so that's one of the first things I will have to do when she gets here..  She's a 16h coming 5 year old Dutch Warmblood/Thoroughbred mare.  She's a dark bay with only a tiny bit of white on her back left heel.  She's very feminine but big bodied, and extremely sweet natured.  She was started last summer at a dressage barn (the same fancy dressage barn I found her in) and then was turned out for the fall to grow up a little bit after about 10 rides.  Since then she has been ridden once (the day I went to meet her) so she really is green as grass.  She's athletic though and fancy though, which all I wanted.  I'm super excited to get started with her on this journey.  I've never felt so broke, but I've never been so happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment