Sunday, September 12, 2010

Con los españoles

Where do I even begin?  I've been having so much fun getting to know Sevilla and getting to know the Spaniards that I feel like I haven't had time to stop and think or reflect really.  Tomorrow is my birthday so the whole weekend has been a bit of a birthday celebration.  During orientation my guía was Victor, and after orientation Sahar and I started to become friends with him.  I think we ended up getting very lucky because he seems like a very genuine and sincere guy.  He also likes to go out and knows all the places we should go and the places we should avoid.


Today I went to the going away party of one of his friends who is going to Madrid to get his masters in Environmental Science.  It was far enough away that we had to drive so Victor picked me up in Plaza de Cuba and we took a 20 minute car ride to an area on the opposite side of the city (but still in the city) and we hung out with about 15 of his friends from 3-9.  Some of them speak a little English (and Victor speaks great English) so for most of the time I was able to speak in Spanish and if I couldn't think of how to say something they understood my english.

All afternoon we drank sangria, and Victor even taught me how to make it.   For the first time this semester I was the only american in a social situation which means no crutches and no one to speak english with - I LOVED it.  I'm sure I will have plenty more chances throughout the semester to do the same thing again.  Here are some fotos, there is lots more to write, but right now I'm just too tired.

algunos de sus amigos
Victor y yo


Marco y yo


Miguel (beautiful)





Scott, Sahar y yo
Scott Christine, Sahar y yo
con el perro Trece

No comments:

Post a Comment