Friday, November 20, 2009

After the down comes the up.

Since the week was so bad, there was no way to go but up. This morning M went to try out a mare for our next project, and she liked her so much that she is getting vetted in forty minutes. Her name is Showstopper and she is a 16.2h chestnut Holsteiner mare by Superman, out of a mare that did the small GP's. As long as all goes according to plan, hopefully she will be ours sooner rather than later. Its another one of those days that I'm so thankful for the opportunities I have been given. When Adam and Lacy heard about this horse, and found out she was in our price range, she called me right away because they thought of me. This horse was not listed for sale online, only advertised through word of mouth.

The mare will be a hunter, her sire is a champion conformation hunter. I'm super excited because this will be something new and different for me, and I will hopefully have an opportunity to bring along a really fancy prospect. I also think I'm going to have the opportunity to work with some really great people to help me bring her along.


I will post the video when Adam sends me the link!

Also, our little palomino beastie behaved well today. I'm sticking to the tie down for the sake of my safety, my only hope is that she improves from day to day.

Though this week has been one of the most stressful of my life, for reasons some of you know more about than others, this is the perfect end to it, and I can only hope that my work ethic continues to pay off. I guess I should let this be proof to myself that no asshole can keep me down as long as I give 110% of my heart and soul to everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment