Monday, June 6, 2011

Wonderland

I think that the water park was more fun than I originally imagined it would be.  I don't remember the last time I went to one, and the boys were beyond thrilled to be out of the foundation and in a place that was pure fun.  There was nothing more expected of them than just being kids. I spent a lot of time in different parts of the park with different groups of kids and just really enjoyed being able to share that time with them.  I even started getting to know different kids better.  I've been really excited that my spanish is getting to a point where I can really joke around with them.  Its not totally there, but its close.  I find that the way to get the older kids to respect me, especially because I'm a blonde American girl, is to just joke around with them A LOT.  So I make fun of them, say things that shock them, etc.  So far it feels like its working, and that we are building friendships on more than them just wanting to hang out because I'm a gringa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment