Thursday, November 4, 2010

Xi love en españa

Last night Alex Lannigan, Emily Geigerich and Aly Hignight arrived in Sevilla, and I'm so freaking happy that I don't even have words to describe it.  I think with how homesick I've been this was the perfect time for them to show up.  Last night I picked them up at the bus station and walked them to their hostel, and afterwards we went out for a pitcher of sangria.  Afterwards I wanted to take them to try the drink Agua de Sevilla.  Its a drink thats made from 4 or 5 different liquors, orange juice, pineapple juice and whipped cream.  It is served at a little shot bar in the Plaza de Alfalfa, and as soon as we got there spanish guys started trying to meet them.



I think there must be something about americans, especially americans that don't speak spanish that has this mysterious allure for spanish guys our age.  They come over and try to practice english, or joke around and say ridiculous things in spanish until they realize that I speak spanish and can understand every word they say.  Today we have plans to go out for lunch with Fran and Lucia, two of my spanish friends, and then tonight we will go out for tapas with Carolina, and after go out for the night.  I'm not sure yet when my exam for history will be, but I will know in the next hour.  Hopefully it will get moved to next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment