Wednesday, November 17, 2010

La final fin de con los padres

I know it has been a while since I posted consistently, but starting now I promise I will post at least several times per week.  This past week Mom and Dad were here and we had a great time.  They arrived last Monday and only left first thing this morning.  I was able to show them all around Sevilla, we took a carriage ride touring the city, did some shopping, and Mom and Dad even went down and visited Rhonda and Arco de la Frontera.  They were able to come out and watch a riding lesson and each day for lunch and dinner we ate fantastic food.




On Monday we went out to dinner with Victor and Carolina, two of my spanish friends, and then yesterday Victor's parents took me and my parents out to a delicious lunch.  Overall we have had great week and a half together and I'm bummed that they left this morning.  Its just over a month until I'm home for good, and after that I know it will feel like I have no idea where the time went.

Last Friday while Mom and Dad were in Arcos, I went to Rota (south of Cadiz) to visit the US Navy Base.  We toured the base, had a meeting with the Commanding Officer, and toured a C5.  Walking onto that base felt like instantly crossing a border from Spain to the United States, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it.  It was the first tour we have received all semester that was in English, and for once it was really nice to not have to think so hard to follow what was going on.

Tomorrow I'm going over to my friend Fran's house to have lunch with his family, and this weekend I'm going to Madrid for two nights with my interest group.  I'll get to visit some museums and also be able to see some of my friends who are studying and living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment