Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reflecciones

Whenever I have a couple of days that are full of excitement I always feel like I don't know where to start.  This week marks the beginning of my last month here.  I can't believe it.  I feel like I just arrived, and also that I still have so much more I want to do.  I have a week long trip to Italy coming up next week, and so I feel like my time is running out.  On the one hand I mentally prepared myself for my four months knowing I'd be returning home in December.  On the other hand I know that if I wasn't mentally thinking about returning for Christmas and all the things I want to do in the spring then I would be perfectly able to stay here another semester.  

There is something about the time I spent in other countries that really gets to me.  I can never get enough and I always want more.  Four months isn't really enough time to truly learn the language and the people.  I have done a good job of pursuing friendships with Spaniards, something that was outside my comfort zone since I wasn't comfortable with spanish when I arrived.  I have traveled a lot, I have taken advantage of opportunities available to me within spain.  So then why do I feel like it hasn't been enough?  I suppose that may just be my personality.  Time will tell if I will be able to return to Spain after graduation, maybe to teach english, maybe to get a riding job, who knows.  Who knows where time and life will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment