Saturday, February 5, 2011

First ride!

I went out to the farm this afternoon, since I had plenty of time.  Since I'm still not feeling like 100% I just played with Aston and called it a day.  I got out there and continued to work on her mane.  She HATES having it pulled, but doesn't actually get mad at me about it.  She just dances around a bit and as soon as she realizes my intentions tries to keep me from grabbing a handful of it.  Fortunately, I have about 80% of it done, so just a few more days and the whole thing will be done.  I then tacked her up, and as I tacked her Sarah arrived.  I didn't want to be alone for my first ride, so I was glad Sarah made it at that point.  I threw her bridle on, my boots and helmet and off to the ring we went.  As I got on, I didn't add leg I just let her walk off.  We walked around for 7-10 minutes and then I hopped off.  That's all I wanted from her, a happy experience!  

Tomorrow I will free jump her and hopefully get some good photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment