Monday, February 7, 2011

Day One or Day 90

I woke up bright and early this morning in the hopes of working with Emma or the pony before heading out to work in Hillsborough at 10.  Instead I just helped Grayson do the horses in the morning.  I think I'm normally going to try and get Emma or the Pony ridden in the morning, and then save Aston for the afternoon.  Today that didn't happen, I just lunged Aston at then end of the day.  

At work I worked with the QH mare BB again.  She's settling down and is much less fearful/skittish around people.  Her owners came out to watch me work through the issues she had presented, and I taught them the way I work with a horse in the round pen.  It was so gratifying to watch a shy and timid 13 year old girl who had been afraid of her horse have the confidence to really play with her and form a connection.  Hopefully that connection will continue to grow, and we will begin to see a noticeable difference in the way this child carries herself.

When I got home I cooked myself a vegetable medley of scallions, baby portabella mushrooms, carrots, and spinach marinaded in balsamic, and slices of beef that were marinaded in sesame ginger. Yum!  And low-calorie too.  Around 8:30 I put in the DVD for the first day of P90X Lean.  Lean focuses more on cardio since thats what I'm more interested in building up anyway.

89 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment