Friday, December 24, 2010

No me ha dejado

In Sevilla there is a city motto that is hard to miss when you are walking around the city.  It is used everywhere.  Loosely translated it means "It has not abandoned me".   When you leave the city, the city never leaves you.  That's how I feel about Seville.  As much as I miss it right now, I was ready to get home.  I've been spending the last few days with friends and family and it was definitely time.  I think that I could have done a year, but I would have had to be mentally prepared for it.  

In my last few days in Sevilla I spent the time saying good bye to my spanish friends, I went out to the farm one last time (not truly a last time because I will go back), and I took one last paseo on Sunday, the day before I left.  I was able to finish my shopping, and say goodbye to my city.


Sevilla is a magical place, the best city in the world.  I wonder when I'm going to make it back, but I know I'm going to so it doesn't worry me.

As with all things in my life - on to the next.  I have started horse shopping, and I'm really looking forward to sharing that adventure with you.  I actually almost bought a horse at the auction on Wednesday - crazy!

Merry christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment