Wednesday, December 1, 2010

El año nuevo, tienes una resolución?

As I think about my imminent return to the lovely U. S. of A.  I can't help but think of the coming year and what possibilities it will bring.  Last year right around that time I experienced some huge changes in my life, and rid myself of some of the toxicity that had intertwined itself in my life over the years.  While not a clean break, I can only hope this year's new years is less eventful.

For the first time since attending Elon I will be on campus for January term.  I am going to be completing my practicum with the Alamance Partnership for Children.  I'm still not totally sure what my role will be, but I was placed here so that I can continue to use the command of the spanish language that I have gained over the past three months.  I will be working from 9-5 each day except Tuesdays, Tuesdays I have a three hour class which I assume is to discuss what we are experiencing and learning in our placements.



I'm not sure if I will have any time to ride in January between the practicum and the weather.  For that reason I will do my best to begin getting the pony in shape (possibly with lunging) maybe occasionally sitting on her back.  I'm going to use January to try and find a source of income (book horse shows, babysit, pet sit, possible apply to waitress, hopefully find a job teaching a few lessons a week) and establish a habit with eating correctly, and exercising each day.  I purchased Power 90 X, a workout program designed to get you in shape in 90 days.  It alters the workouts in a way that keeps your body from plateauing.  I know that its going to kick my ass into shape, especially because my fitness has been limited since quitting soccer.  I also purchased the 30 Day Shred a Jillian Michaels workout program, and a power yoga DVD.  My theory is that if I am going to assume any level of fitness from my horse I have to hold myself to the same standard. Especially if I want to advance my riding this year and get to where I want to be.

The new fitness program combined with the healthy eating I will be able to implement when I regain control of my eating options will help me get to where I want to be.  2011 here I come!  Watch out all!

No comments:

Post a Comment