Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"If you can't solve a problem, it's because you're playing by the rules."

London seems to me to be a city of glamour.  I walk down the street, and in any given direction you can find a Londoner in an adorable set of boots, skinny jeans, a scarf and peacoat jacket.  Everyone is so chic.  It makes Americans look ugly, lazy and fat, and keeps me from wanting to return.


2010 is going to be a year of changes, new opportunities, and new experiences.  Hopefully I'll be studying abroad twice, now and a semester in Spain if I can get in. This spring I'll be riding and showing Anne's horses and my yellow pony, and hopefully I will get the yellow pony sold to a nice little girl looking for something to do the local shows with.



I don't have a resolution per say, but I guess my goal for this year is to figure out what I may want to do with this decade.  At the turn of each decade, I'll enter into a new era of my life.  This year marks the very beginning of my twenties, and though its tough to even fathom the next decade, its going to happen.  And life is too short to be unhappy.  Life seems to be a winding road of ups and downs in search of the things that make you happy. 


Not a lot of time to write, so here is some food for thought:


"If you can't solve a problem, it's because you're playing by the rules."


"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"


"There are no classes in life for beginners; right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult."


"The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment