Monday, March 15, 2010

Some photography updates...

My photography has been a focus the past month and I have been thinking a lot about how to improve and expand my business, and how to improve my skills as an artist.  I'm currently taking a composition course with Shelley Paulson, the same woman who is running the workshop I'm attending in Lexington in June, and already I have learned a lot about my own style and have begun to learn about ways I can improve upon the skills I have.

Lately I have been looking for inspiration within the things I see everyday, but I have also been looking to other professional work to build my style, my expression, and the messages I convey in my images.  I'm planning on taking professional photographer Peter Demott's business advertising and marketing course in April-May once Shelley's course ends. Then it will be time for me to head to Lexington!  I have several ideas I'm going to work with, and several models who are kind enough to put up with me!  I'm looking forward to getting out there.



Ritter was great today!  Janene road him over the weekend, and left the nicest message on my answering machine.  She thinks he is a different horse since I have been riding him.  What a complement! We just worked on keeping forward motion and we also did some poles.  I'm looking forward to some really consistent work after break and getting him going over fences.  Hopefully Anne will be able to come out and see how both beasts go.  That will be fun!

In the mean time here are some images from today.  Janene's husband Jeremy was pulling a tree down for Grayson and David, and so the horses, though hundreds of yards away, were running around as though there was danger nearby.  Its nice to know that despite all the traits humans have bred out of our overly pampered horses, they still maintain some of their instincts!

I did a little bit of photoshop editting to maintain my vision...

No comments:

Post a Comment